Wednesday, June 3, 2009

The Bird Man

So it turns out that my friend Ryan Williams has a friend who is a bird expert.  He is raising baby Cocktails and some other rare bird.  He has to bring them with him wherever he goes because they eat every three hours, just like human babies and they have this little sac in the front of their bodies that holds all the food he feeds them until it is digested and then he knows to feed them, because it is visibly empty.  Weird stuff.  

The rare bird cuddling up with his stuffed bear
Ugly cocktails 
Four of them, but one is the runt
Bad Glare, but you can see the little sac in the front that holds the food
National Geographic Shot

I told him about my birds nest and I told him that they are baby blue jays, then I tried to correct myself, but I forgot their real name and he knew- He said they are probably Scrub Jays.  And he told me all about them and some good ideas on ways I can feed them and he also said that they will probably leave the nest in three weeks. :(  I am really getting attached to them.  They have replaced my Garden interest.  I now go out to the garden a couple times a week, it is pretty much on auto pilot, but I am constantly stalking the nest.  In fact I think I have taken more pictures of the baby birds this last month than my own baby.  That is sad.  This next month, I promise to post at least one Baby lulu picture.  

2 comments:

Christy said...

hahaha. I am totally laughing at you taking more pictures of the birds than Lulu. And how weird those birds are and Ryan's friend. All I can say is...only Ryan. Only ryan would have a friend like that. :) Love it.

The Trotter Family said...

And I thought those "blue jays" were ugly! Those things are nasty!