Friday, May 28, 2010

Deep Thoughts #1

Deep thoughts by Katie Schultz.

I hate when I type my last name and the spell checker always wants me to change it and that I always click on the spell checker to see how I misspelled it and the only suggestion is "Schmaltz". "Come On! SCHMALTZ!!! Since I guess Schmaltz is so much more common than the #1 last name if your German. I also Hate it that every time I do our Christmas Card and have Ben proof read it he can always trick me by telling me I misspelled my last name. It's just weird... You know the whole silent S and whole last part just always plays tricks on my eyes.

I have to admit I really had a love for my name. I just feel like my parents really got it right. They named me Katie and not Catherine or Kathy. They gave me a solid middle name- Louise which I love so much I named my second born after and then a refreshingly short and non threatening last name- Hill. Put is all together and TADA- Katie Louise Hill. So cute.

So thanks mom and dad for the killer name... while it lasted and not naming me Norma P Einus. Or... I am going to stop, but feel free to keep going if you have a good one you have heard.

4 comments:

Heather and James Georgianna said...

Where the name proud. Try using T9 to spell heather...it always guesses HEAVIER. I think its just giving me a constant reminder!

Christy said...

hahaha. I love this post. Ask Nanette all the fun ones she used to get in the mail. For awhile we all used to call her NABETTE SCHMITZ. And my name is spelled 90% wrong all the time. With a K, an i or an ie, you name it. But the two things that get me riled up is the Christina, or Chrissy, especially when I had a Spanish last name. They all thought I was Spanish. I'd even get sales calls and phone books in Spanish. Heather, I'm totally laughing at the T9 thing. Cuz I can't type "Brian" without having to fix it from automatically coming up as ASIAN. Clearly far from it. He's the whitest boy evah!

heather said...

(amen heather!) and sorry katie, my last name will never be considered misspelled or pronounced. but there are SO many people out there with the same name as me, i don't know which is worse.

nathan n rachel said...

For a while there I drew a blank on your maiden name. Funny. :)