Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Ruby's First Pet

Yes Gus is a Pet, but he is not Ruby's Pet.  Yesterday while prepping the pumpkin patch we found a pet for Ruby.  The perfect pet for Ruby, you never have to feed it or give it water, you just put it in a cage with a bunch of dirt and no amount of shaking or dropping will kill it.  Her new pets are worms- earth worms.  I asked her what the name for the first one we found should be and at first she said named it "Auntie Ruthy".  Then she changed her mind, once we found two more little worms.  She named the biggest one mommy worm, and the two little ones- spiky and ducky.  The only rule is they have to stay outside.

I have a pretty funny video of her and her worm, unfortunately it was not the first encounter.  When I get to it I will upload it.

3 comments:

Sarah said...

Fun!! What a perfect pet, she can shake and drop and do almost whatever, and they will still be her little buddies! Good idea on them staying outside though...;)

Ruth said...

YEEESSS!!! I think Auntie Ruthy is a perfect name for a worm!

The Trotter Family said...

That is a great pet idea. We haven't been begged for anything yet, but that might just be our first step! By the way, I am jealous of your garden. Hopefully, if we get this house, we can start a small garden and have our own little farmers market in the back yard!