So Friday we set out for our 8 hour drive to Big Sur. Both of us thought it would be A LOT closer. But the drive was fun and Ruby and LuLu were super star travelers... on the way there. Our snack of choice while driving to Big Sur is Crackers with cheese and Avocados, not an easy snack, but so yummy.
We pulled into our campsite at 11:00pm. If was pretty stressful setting up Jayco and parking the car, not wanting to wake up the neighbors, but we finally did and had an awesome night sleep. In the morning when Ruby and Ben stepped out of Jayco (Picture of Jayco below), Ben told Ruby to look at the trees, and her head slowly kept tilting back further and further, she had never seen trees that tall.
It is so cool to experience these firsts with Ruby, she is so excited about things I take for granted.
Ruby took these tree pictures
Yeah for Jayco!
Ben cooking amazing Breakfast Burritos
Morning Walk, you can see the brown Jayco in the back
Rubes being eaten by this tree
Lulu chillin - what she does best
We left Beautiful Big Sur at 12pm and headed out to our friends: Eric and Laurel's place in Monterey.
They finally became friends as we were packing up to leave.
An unposed picture of us on the play ground
Cute kids, Allison and Stevie
On the way home we stopped off in Camarillo at the Steimle Bed and Breakfast, and bathed the kids, ate some awesome food and re-energized for the rest of our trip home.
The trip was so much fun, thanks Nan and Myles for Jayco- he rocks!

4 comments:
looks like fun! Lets go back to Big Sur...that was fun! I think i need to take a vaca with Jayco. It seems like the trend!
How fun. I love those tall California trees.
So many things I love about this post. Jayco, setting up camp at 10 pm, Big Sur, Steimle B&B, and of course Ruby's pictures. I too love that Jayco has joined the family, indirectly through the Steimles.
It seems you guys had a lot of fun. I love those tall California trees.
--
Vince
Professional Monitering security systems for Homes, Offices & Appartments
Post a Comment