Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Baby Update





First off I want to thank everyone for your thoughts and messages, it is so cool to see messages from people I hadn't heard from in awhile.  And a huge Thanks to my SIL Ruth!  I would be a mess if it weren't for her jump to action help.  Not only did she take Ruby for two days and nights, but she also updated my blog and took pictures of us in the hospital- I recommend everyone find yourself a Ruthy for times like these.

Second off the delivery was amazing, I could have not have asked for a better experience- I had my friend Naomi as my nurse coincidently, we got to the hospital around 6 or 6:30 and her shift started at 7.  She was also our nurse when I had Ruby.  She hooked us up with the epidural just in time, because the anesthesiologist had to go into a c-section shortly, we were able to get the best Dr. who usually doesn't deliver babies anymore, but was covering for a Dr who went out of town, and we got our favorite Nurse from my OB/GYN office the day we left the hospital.  Apparently she works part time at the hospital.

Recovery has been a lot easier that with Ruby, I don't want to go into it on my blog, but I needed a lot less stitches with Louise than with Ruby.

Nursing is going 100X better than with Ruby.  I am not pumping and Louise is such a good latcher.  I have seen how hard it can be to not produce enough and have a bad nursing baby, and I am so thankful for this time around being easier.

Ruby has been kept Busy thanks to friends and family taking her for half the day everyday.  This morning was the first time she wanted to touch Louise, she has been a little sketched out by her.  She asks about her and is concerned but didn't want to get near her, but this morning she caressed Lou Lou's hair on her own.  I was so thrilled.

I am a yo yo of emotions, thanks to my crazy hormones, but hope things will even out soon.  

8 comments:

Beth said...

What a beautiful baby!...I agree with you everyone needs a Ruth around to jump into action! And to be a cool aunt for your kids!

(Funny that she is aunt to my kids too! And they are your age)

Congrats! I am glad motherhood has been easier for you the 2nd time around.

I take Ruth's boys every Wednesday afternoon. Next week we are making Valentine's cookies...maybe we can have Ruby come too. I could pick her up around 2:00 Let me know.

Katie Schultz said...

Sounds good- I think this jump to action Ruthy trait runs in the family- Good genes

Meggers said...

hooray! i am glad things are going so well. i love you kit kat katie. your babies are beautiful. and those photos are amazing!! you look wonderful!

Jill said...

Congrats! She's beautiful and I love the name. So excited for you guys.

amber buhrley said...

that was so tender about ruby giving louise loves! Made me cry but most things do!

The Trotter Family said...

Good luck Katie! I had a hard time adjusting to two and the hormones went wild. Luckily, with friends, family, time, prayer, and patience it all worked out and I feel like I have it under control. Not that it is perfection, heck, there are days I don't even get out of jammies, but we survive and manage to have fun in the mean time!

heather said...

she's so cute katie! i need to come over and get my newborn fix. (again).

Traci Elizabeth said...

Hey Katie....in regards to my book, I used www.blurb.com its awesome, next time I see you Ill show it to you.