Every year Ben and I rotate who is in charge of Anniversary and Valentines Day. Ben always seems to out do me. Last year he was in charge of Valentines day and I was in charge of our Anniversary. Well for Valentines day we went to New York- Thank you Ben! So the pressure was on to plan something really boo yah for our Anniversary -
Did I deliver???... not exactly. I paid to much for Catalina Flyer Tickets (a Ferry that takes people from Huntington Beach or Long Beach out to Catalina Island) and I booked a Hotel close to the Port which also happened to be very close to the airport :(.
We were kept awake by a rowdy swearing guest till 3:00am and the Catalina Flyer leaves at 7am, so we would need to leave by 6am to arrive half hour early.
We missed our boat, and ended up hanging out at the hotel till we had to check out,
It didn't all suck. We were able to play tennis at the hotel and swim in the pool before we checked out.
This year I did not have anything planned except for a movie in the evening, thanks to my AWESOME sis in law Heather volunteering to watch Ruby for us. Got a call from my parents that they wanted to come out and have lunch, so I packed some champagne glasses and some bubbly- Grape martinellis. We went and got KFC and had a picnic in the park.
We saw Confessions of a Shopaholic, really cute- I recommend it. Turned out to be a really fun Valentines Day! Go last minute planning.

4 comments:
You guys are so funny...your mom looks like one of the Price is Right girls the way she is modeling the bucket. As a bonus, you have goblets to go along with KFC! So funny, I have to admit, your day was way more romantic than mine. Chad and I are getting to be old farts!
can't wait for that baby!
Wow, I am so impressed. I can't believe you are blogging so much with a new baby. You are super mom. Does Ruby just love her new baby sister?
I can't wait to see baby Louise in person!
Post a Comment