Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Shut in till last night

I have been a hermit lately.  My days and nights seem to just transform into the other without much notice.  At home I am often found nursing, entertaining Ruby, Bouncing Louise, making meals- first time in my life I have prepared three actual meals, trying to accomplish at least one important chore/task per a day (today's task was add Louise to the insurance- check), along with finishing up yesterday's chore of the laundry.  Oh my exciting life.  I did get out of the house last night with Ruby and Louise, we met up with Sister in laws, mother in law, and :( ex sister in law for some yummy rain forest cafe dessert.  I am eating all the sweets and junk before I start my cut out the crap exercise program in four more weeks.  Louise can often be found sleeping.
Ben can usually be found working on the garage- turning it into his office
Ruby - watching Monsters Inc. (Her new favorite movie) or following me around.
After Lou Lou's First Bath
After Lou Lou's Second Bath kicking it next to big Sister who also just got out of the Bath.

Louise Very different from Ruby as a baby
1. Ruby was not a good nurser, but hardly ever cried
2. Lou is a great nurser and cries an average amount
3. Ruby not a very good pooper- very constipated
4. Lou poops so much it is rare to find her diaper without poop.  She has pooped many times while I am changing her diaper, such as this morning at 6:30am, when her poo sprayed all over me and down my shirt- totally crazy and sick!
5. Ruby did not like Baths and would cry while being bathed, Lou likes baths and cries when I take her out.
6. JUST IN** Louise really struggles at night- she will not settle down, she is so tired and tonight we just tried a pacifier, which I did not want to do (did not want her to rely on it) and like magic, she fell right to sleep.  Ruby hated Pacifiers, she would spit them right out.  
I am just blown away at all the difference I can already see in these two sisters at two and a half week.
PS we plan to bless Louise March 8th tentatively for those that want to be there.  Tentatively because need to clear it with the Bishop.

6 comments:

Christy said...

That would be awesome if you blessed her March 8. We are coming down as a surprise (so shhh! and don't tell the kids) for Max's baptism. And did you go out with Emilie? Okay NOW I'm jealous. Glad you were able to get out for awhile. I remember those days cuz they're still a little too close to home. But it's so worth it, huh? I LOVE the pictures. Thanks for teh update.

The Trotter Family said...

Seeing them side by side you can see how much they look alike! Look at how much they grow in two years. Can you believe it?

Nan said...

I loved reading your post. The time might seem hard to you right now, but reading it makes me miss it. It is such a sweet transition in your family. Lou is beautiful. I kind of like her more because that binky face is so familiar! ;) Can't wait to come down again and hug your kids up.

Cody said...

Hey Kittens! I just requested work off for that weekend the 7th - 9th That is so cool about how different little Lou is from Ruby. I can't wait to meet the new addition to the family. I love and miss you guys. tty Codes

heather said...

you are such a trooper for getting out of the house so early (hopefully that means the 2nd time around- things heal faster). also, sometimes you just have to give in to the pacifier. whatever works right?

amber buhrley said...

I am so impressed by you. You are handling this like a champ. But I am not surprised one bit! It was fun to hang with you and your kids today. I know the feeling of the love/hate relationship with a binki. ITs nice when you have it and it sooths her and puts her back to sleep, but it sucks when you cant find one anywhere and she wont go to sleep without it. Or when shes 18 months old and take it away for 9 months then find yourself searching the entire house to find one.