Monday, March 2, 2009

Crazy Trip to Utah

Lulu's first Road Trip:
What Lulu and I packed to Utah, four bags of clothes, two purses, pillow, breast pump, snowboard, co sleeper bed, couple of presents, and a grocery bag of candy and magazines, and a stroller and car seat.


***Boring Alert, the following is not that interesting, I will alert you when to begin reading again***


I am blogging to you from Beautiful Snowing Utah.  Ben and I wanted to do some snowboarding in Utah with his friends Brett & Ronni, they have a Time share in Jeremy R
anch.  In order to make this trip happen we jumped through a lot of hoops along with a lot of other people.  This is how our trip went.

MON NIGHT/TUES MORNING- Ben comes home from a weekend get away in Utah with his Dad and Brothers. 
WED NIGHT- Ben drove me over to my parents house, where Lulu and I slept over and Ben and Ruby drove back home
THUR- Lulu and I drove to Utah with my parents and slept at my new Sister in Law's (Berkeley) Parents in Provo, Mark and Julie.  Ben and Ruby are at home working on the house
FRI- Go with my Dad to pick up Bro in Laws car from the SLC airport, my Dad drives on to Idaho, my mom and I drop Lulu off to Emilie's (long lost sister in law) Cody, Berkeley, my mom and I go Snowboarding. Berkeley's mom (Julie) picks Lulu up from Emilie.  Ben and Ruby drive to Las Vegas with Brett and Ronni. Lulu and I slept at Mark and Julie's 
SAT- I ate at One World*** more on this later. Ben and Ruby drive on to Utah and meet up with us for Berkeley's birthday Dinner (Amazing German Food, her dad made)  Drove over to Bro in laws place to sleep for the night and it was already in use so we drove to the Sleep Inn.
SUN- Went to church, but it was at 1 and we forgot to feed Ruby, so the whole time She was asking for more bread, more bread.  Ben took her to get some food and put gas in the car and the car wouldn't start at the gas station, Cody came and rescued him.  We ended up all sleeping at Mark and Julie's.
MON- Ruby went back to CALI with my parents and Ben, Lulu and I met up with Sister in law Heather.  She randomly came down to Utah, she drove us to the Time share cabin in Jeremy Ranch and then took Sam's car back to him and picked him up at the airport. 

I am now in the Cabin, just trying to wrap my brain around the crazy time I have had here so far, fun, but crazy.

TUES- My awesome Cousin Nicole watches Lulu while we do some snowboarding.
WED- Lulu and I fly back to Cali
SAT MORNING- Ben drives back in time for Nephew Max's Baptism and the next day is Lulu's Blessing. 

*** BEGIN READING AGAIN*** 
ONE WORLD RESTAURANT
Found this place thanks to my Bro Cody.  My mom and I ate at this amazing place, if you are in SLC I encourage you to go.  It is Run by Hippies and all the food is organic and vegetarian.  They use veggi
es from their garden.  They cook a bunch of different foods and when it is all gone they make some other dishes.  You are given an envelope and after you are done eating you pay whatever you feel you should and drop the envelope in a chest with the others.  They have free soup and rice that is complementary.  You can also pay by doing dishes, sweeping/mopping, working in the garden, or serving food.  The food is really good too.
The address is 41 South 300 East in SLC

In Cody and Berkeley's new pad

Berkeley teaching Lulu to be independent and drink the bottle without help

Heather and I outside our Condo in Jeremy Ranch just before my battery died- bummer and no charger.

3 comments:

The Trotter Family said...

Look at you all up and traveling after a month. I don't know if you are crazy, brave or both! Looks like you had fun and a nice break for the normal routine.

Aaron said...

If you don't leave anything in the envelope is it considered stealing?

Meggers said...

that all sounds so exhausting.