Friday, July 25, 2008

The Garden

Look at that big Daddy My shoe is a size 8.  I have not sliced into him yet cause I know he is not going to be as tasty as the smaller ones.
This little butternut squash surprised me.  There was no activity for the longest time and then poof there I see him.  Still small, but Im pretty excited.  
Yup my pumpkins are all starting to turn orange.  So anyone wanna carve some pumpkins with me in August?  We can have a unHalloween party.
So far I have seen 6 watermelon that I am kinda excited about, but kind of not, because I think  I planted the watermelons with seeds.   
So this pumpkin is my "special" one, he decided to grow half in the garden and half out of it.  So the little fence is stuck inside of his growing belly.  I am not sure how I will extract this pumpkin, but it will definitely be interesting.
The end... for now

7 comments:

Unknown said...

Wow! Your vegetables (and fruit) look so tasty! I have always wanted to grow a watermelon because I love them so much! Congrats on your garden success!

Ruth said...

For some reason I'm strangely excited by the last pumpkin. we she make full term? Or will her weight make her fall. Very interesting indeed.

Jones Family said...

I love your garden! I get so excited to see your updates... I'll totally join you for an unHalloween party. Halloween is my favorite holiday, I'm always looking for an excuse to pull my cute Halloween decorations out!

Beth said...

How big is your garden? I know pumpkins can take over the entire yard. I am impressed with the fruits of your labor!

the middle said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Heather and James Georgianna said...

hey i was wondering if i can have a cucumber, i'm wanting to make a homemade rat out of a cucumber, furry fabric, a pretend snake and "washable glue." haha

whitneyingram said...

Be still my jealous beating heart. Oh how I wish I could have a garden. But I wouldn't want to do all the work. Good job! I know it isn't easy to keep up such a great looking garden!