Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Youth Conference


What can I say- I feel like I may have had more fun than the kids.  It was exactly what I needed
1. Spiritually, it was amazing, felt the spirit every single day, and cried everyother day thanks to amazing speakers and pregnancy hormones
2. On a friendship level, I really connected with our Young Women's president (I am her 1st councilor) we sometimes stayed up longer than the girls chattine
3. On a leader level, I got to know the girls on another level, besides the authority level, I got to know their struggles and secrets, and what types of things interest them.  

We packed so much in in so little times.
Temple Square, Conference Center Tour, Amazing speakers, and musicians, great food thanks to Sam Schultz... Cafeteria food was just that... cafeteria food.  But thank to Sam's Catering Business we got a break from the cafeteria for a few meals.At one of the Dances.  There were two.  This one was right when we pulled into town after a two hour delay due to bus trouble we arrived around 9:30.
The Bus trip home on my bus was really hilarious.  So I had no idea 17 year old boys loved Mulan (Disney Movie) as much as me.  We watched it going up once and coming back home twice and the second time everyone on the bus were standing and singing along.  It was really funny so hear deep boy voices sing the words, "Who is that girl I see staring straight back at me... when will my reflection show who I am inside"  Probably the highlight of the trip.
The second to last day of Conference was pretty hard for me, my body really needed sleep, and this was the day we did Service at the humanitarian center and toured the Prophet Cemetary Grounds.  I was really happy to be back, even though it was so much fun and it was great to see Ben and Ruby.




8 comments:

Jones Family said...

Looks like you had so much FUN!!! That is so hilarious about those priests singing Mulan. They probably all have sisters!!! Come to think of it... I think my brothers know all the words to every Disney Princess movie too. Oh, check the Farmer's Almanac about your corn. It will probably be a good reference for all your gardening endeavors. Try www.almanac.com or you can google it.

heather said...

katie you are s good at magnifying your calling! i guess that's what happens when it's a demanding one. i laughed at the thought of those boys watching mulan three times in a row & singing along (sounds like something ryan & sam would have done)

heather said...

actually, knowing them, they probably would have fallen asleep 10 minutes into the movie

Ruth said...

You are probably THE perfect person for this calling!!

amber buhrley said...

Your post below of your garden is really inspiring! Maybe when i actually have my own place I will attempt it!

Meggers said...

i love that you had such a great time! i was actually telling carl on sunday that i can't stand teenagers - i find them annoying...you know what that means...i am just waiting. i love you!

Christy said...

I love that my niece Hannah is at the front of all the pictures. And ya, I agree with Heather, I could see Ryan and SAm, in their teenage years, doing that.

Okamoto Family said...

I so wish I could have gone on this trip with you guys.