Wednesday, July 30, 2008

A little accident

Yesterday I was in the ER, not because of the Earthquake or because of a car crash or pregnancy problems.  I was in the ER because I cut myself while cutting an avocado.  Not smooth.  I knew it was bad because I felt the sensation that I cut through a nerve.  So I screamed and stopped the blood flow.  Ruby was strapped into her high chair waiting for the delicious avocado.  She laughed at me when I screamed- thinking I was messing aroundI called up the Schultz House hoping someone was there.  I was in luck, Amber answers the phone and before we even finish the conversation Ruth is out the door to pick me up.  She is over to my house even before I have a change to dress the wound, So she helps me.  We went to Urgent Care and they said we should go to Placentia Linda Hospital.  OH YEAH... We had both forgotten about this hidden Gem.
So Happy to not have to deal with St Jude we drove a couple block to this hospital in Yorba Linda.  Ruth was in total Go Mode she forgot to leave the Diaper bag for her 9 month old with Amber.  Ben arrived about an hour later and relieved Ruth.  I got 4 stitches and a tetanus shot.

My finger is still numb, not sure how long that will last.  Ruby saw my band aid this morning, she pointed to it and did the baby sign language for "it hurts"  or "ouch".  I was surprised that she knew I hurt myself, after she laugh at me.  So Happy to have family close by!

5 comments:

Traci Elizabeth said...

I know how much that hurts and how hard it is to function with a wounded hand....Can I bring you dinner tomorrow???

Jones Family said...

Now Ben will have to do ALL of diaper duty!

Beth said...

You know I live close too, if you ever need a last minute babysitter or ride to the hospital.

Luisa said...

Geez girl! Have you gotten the feeling back yet? Sorry that happened to you...nice job avoiding St. Jude...you inevitably would have had a huge hassle with them over bills...

Christy said...

classic...and who voted RUTH of all people to go to the er with you? isn't she the one that faints at the "thought" of blood or anyone getting hurt. hahhaa. too funny.