Saturday, January 24, 2009

The Thing about getting older

So the Slumber Party was rockin.  We did each other's nails and ate lots of dessert junk food and chatted and watched some sweet tv... and then I nodded off to sleep at 10:30.  I woke up a couple of times and tried to get comfy, and thought to myself- "I am tired, and feel nauseous from all the junk food-why don't I go home and get in my warm cozy bed and have a good nights sleep."  And so I did.  

I had to take a nap today because I was so tuckered out from the exciting evening.  Slumber Parties as a married, pregnant adult are not like the ones I went to from age 8- 16.  Which consisted of contests to see who could stay up the latest, crank calling, toilet papering, Boy talk, truth or dare, music videos, scary movies, and super human power to eat all the junk food and withstand it's effects.  Yah the good old days... however one upside to this slumber party was no one called home crying, wanting to get picked up by mom because they felt left out and no one got their face drawn on, or whip cream in the hand with a tickle to the face, and no sleeping victim getting their hand dipped in warm water to induce wetting the bed.
  Yup definitely better as an adult, except hardly a slumber- more of a sweet "late nighter" party.

I went shopping today with my mom at the mall, and of course I got the usual questions from bystanders- when are you due?  Is it a boy or girl?  What will the age difference be between new baby and Ruby?  You know.  Well this older lady asked what I was planning on naming new baby, and when I told her two of the names we were thinking of she goes on to say, "Oh I don't like that name, I knew a lady with that name and she was so unpleasant... Yah I would go with the other one, because I really don't like that name."  OH OLD PEOPLE - please keep these types of comments to yourself, or any person, you can think these things, but please use some restraint.  Comments like this make me even more reluctant to share my name choices with people.  It will just have to be a surprise. 

Ben and I had a last Hurrah tonight- We went on a budget Date night, with Ben's mom watching Ruby, we went and got some cheap tacos and then went to the $2.00 movie theater and saw 007.  It was so fun, and look forward to the days when Ruby can babysit for us, that is going to be amazing.  One more bonus day of preparation.  

Very crappy quality- I have a digital camera but sat on it, so can not see what I am taking a picture of or how they look after I take the picture.  Just to give you an idea of the pampering.  That is me in the white shirt, looking large, a couple days after my due date.

1 comment:

Cody said...

Hey Kitten, you should name the next girl Sophronia. Then you can totally get away with naming your 1st boy Don Carlos.